Monday, January 16, 2012

Gelato and Nutella Everywhere!



YUM!



      No, but really...there is Nutella and Gelato EVERYWHERE! I had my first delicious Gelato experience of this trip in Rome, yesterday afternoon. Ricardo suggested this Gelato place right by campus and it was totally worth the extra few Euros. I got a small cup of Nutella flavored Gelato and it was to die for. After Gelato and Pizza (I also had a delicious white pizza for lunch yesterday) we walked around the city a little more and went to the super market. Nora and I finally got the bottled water we have been craving and much to our surprise, it was SO much cheaper then bottled water in America. I got two, 2liter water bottles, and each were 43 cents in Euros. In other words, I paid about one American dollar for two huge water bottles. 
     After we walked around a little we decided to all go back to the dorm and shower so that we could go to the Vatican at night. It ended up being amazing. The Vatican was not only as gorgeous as I remember it, but it was still set up for Christmas. Seeing the Vatican Christmas tree and Nativity scene was something so unique and I am so grateful for that opportunity. I really enjoyed watching Adrian's first experience at the Vatican.  I can't wait to go on the tour on Friday of St. Peter's Basilica. We spent about 45 minutes in St. Peter's Square until we decided we were all very hungry and dinner time had long past.
    Everything here is closed on Sunday's. So, at 7:30 at night, it was VERY difficult to find any open restaurants. Eventually, we found a little restaurant open near campus and it ended up being another really great find. There was a group of seven of us; Adrian, Nora, Anthony, Ricardo, Mary, Danny and Carl. I got Cabanera for dinner, a pasta that Nora had the night before. It was made with egg and bacon. loved it, but It wasn't as good as the pasta I had the night before.
   After dinner we all went back to our own rooms. We were exhausted and classes started today!! Nora and I were in bed at 10pm, but were up talking for hours.
    The first day of classes officially started today. In fact, I'm about to pick my research topic for my Theology class. I am slightly upset though, my online class looks ridiculously hard and I am considering switching out. I am really regretting taking that class, but my theology class seems manageable. Tonight we are going to dinner at a new place Anthony and Adrian found and coming back early because of first Theology quiz is tomorrow. Trying to get at 4.0 this semester, so handwork starts TODAY.  Well, break is almost over. I will most likely write again tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great day in the States!

XOXO Shann

No comments:

Post a Comment