Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Classes and Homework!

    Not much to write since we got back from Florence on Sunday. My last two days have consisted of class and obnoxious amounts of homework. Last night after our three hour class we ate at Grotto Azzuro again, the restaurant by campus. They take meal tickets and we have been having to spend WAY too much money on food because we really do not get many meal tickets from school. Nonetheless, I had a delicious Macaroni and Bacon dish.


        
       Our waiter was so cute, a little old Italian man that laughed at everything we would say and do. He was so friendly, it was nice to have an Italian that liked our presence for once! haha
       After dinner Mary and I went back to the dorm while Adrian, Anthony and Nora went out. I had to work on my Theology of the Market Place term paper. I got about three and a half pages done and plan on continuing it after class tonight and tomorrow during the day. I've been really stressed about my Theology class and Online class, they are both really difficult courses. I got a 90 on my first quiz, but we have seven more quizzes to go!
       Today Ricardo, Adrian, Nora, Anthony and I tried out a new little Cafe for lunch after our floor meeting and it was a great find! It also took meal tickets which made us all even more excited. I got an egg and tomato Sandwich. I was so happy to see something other then pasta and mozzarella sandwiches. 
        After lunch we went to the Coin which is the market here and picked up some water, fruit and breakfast bars. I got very stressed while paying because the woman spoke zero English and I obviously speak zero Italian and I could not figure out what she was trying to tell me. She was getting very angry towards me and I ended up having to call Adrian over, who figured out she was saying I owed another Euro and twenty-cents. The language barrier is very frustrating to say the least. Thankfully, Adrian, Ricardo and Anthony are starting to pick up some simple phrases from their Italian class. Those simple phrases actually help a lot, especially at dinner and while shopping. 
        Well, this was a nice little break, but an hour until class means an hour to work on my paper!! Tomorrow I am going to do community service in the afternoon and Sarah (my friend from home) comes to Rome in the morning!!!!! So, I will have lots to write and lots to be excited about. Also, next week on Wednesday we signed up to see the Pope give mass! I am so excited about that as well. This weekend we are going to try and go to Pompeii and Naples. Lots of great things ahead! 
         Thanks for reading :) sorry its not too exciting today! Have an amazing week in the States!

XOXO Shann

No comments:

Post a Comment